Cristina Mares is an associate at Donohue Brown with a focus on professional negligence and product liability.
Before joining Donohue Brown, Ms. Mares was an associate at a Chicago civil litigation defense firm where she focused on product liability.
Ms. Mares earned her J.D. with a Certificate in Health Law from DePaul University College of Law in May 2017. During law school, Ms. Mares received a 711 student attorney license as a law clerk with the Medical Prosecutions Unit of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation where she gained extensive experience in the regulation of physician licenses.
At DePaul, Ms. Mares served as President of the Appellate Moot Court Society and was an active member of the Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute. Ms. Mares also served as the Managing and Business Editor of the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law. Ms. Mares was awarded the CALI award for Excellence in Legal Analysis Research and Communication III and was one of eight students in her class nominated by faculty to be inducted into the Order of the Barristers, which honors students who excel in both oral and written advocacy.
Ms. Mares earned her Bachelor of Arts from The University of San Diego in 2008.
- J.D., Certificate in Health Law, DePaul University College of Law, 2017
- B.A., University of San Diego, 2008
- Illinois, 2017
- Illinois, 2017
- Northern District of Illinois; and
- Central District of Illinois
- “To Cover or Not to Cover? The Relationship Between the Apple Watch and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act,” 18 DePaul J. Health Care L. 159 (2016).