Donohue Brown Mathewson & Smyth LLC is pleased to announce that 13 attorneys have been recognized in the most recent issue of Super Lawyers Magazine, a publication from Thomson Reuters and the publishers of Chicago magazine. Seven partners and 2 Of Counsel attorneys with the firm have been recognized as Illinois Super Lawyers, as well as 4 associates, who have been recognized as 2023 Illinois Rising Stars. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than five percent of attorneys in the state.
- Sherri M. Arrigo, Stetson F. Atwood, Mark M. Burden, Richard H. Donohue, and John M. McGarry have all been identified by their peers as Super Lawyers in the field of medical malpractice defense.
- Donald J. Brown, Jr. and Robert W. Smyth, Jr. have been identified as Super Lawyers in the field of professional liability defense.
- J. Kent Mathewson have been identified as a Super Lawyer in the field of civil litigation defense.
- Karen K. DeGrand has been identified as a Super Lawyer in the field of appellate law.
- Associates Ashley E. Dus, Jennifer M. Labus, and Katie B. Trucco have been recognized as Super Lawyers Rising Stars in the field of medical malpractice defense.
- Associate Emily E. Dory has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in the field of professional liability defense.
Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
Congratulations to our hard-working men and women. DBMS is proud of you!